Western Electric 91E Integrated
» Contact us for availability!
Introducing a revolutionary new integrated amplifier from Western Electric. Meet ambitious, single-ended sound inspired by its famous predecessor, the WE 91A. Experience double the power. A never before realized level of performance has been achieved with a completely new approach to SE amplifier design. Developed over five years, the 91E’s circuitry intelligently steers the parallel feed constant current source (SCCS), allowing the tubes to deliver more than double their previously rated output of 7-8 watts. You’ve never heard the 300B like this before.
- The Western Electric Type 91E is a Class A, single-ended (SE), integrated amplifier for high-fidelity audio reproduction.
- The 91E was made for the Western Electric 300B to provide end users the highest possible performance and quality.
- In the box
- 91E Integrated Amplifier
- Remote control
- Pin-Straightener (9-pin)
- 2x 300B Electron Tubes (Power)
- 2x ECC81 Electron Tubes (Pre-amplifier, pre-installed)
- 8 Ω Output Transformer Block (pre-installed)
- Power Cord
- Spanner tool (for removal and/or replacement of 300B’s)
- Bluetooth® (Compatible) antenna
- End User Guide
- Steered Current Source Technology (SCS)
The 91E uses Western Electric’s patented steered current source technology. The unique parallel feed topology contributes half of AC current to the plate (anode) of the 300B by modulating quiescent current. As a result, half of the power dissipation occurs in the tube, allowing for a greater output power of 20 watts per channel.
- Stepped Logarithmic Attenuator
A stepped logarithmic attenuator is used to mimic the response of human hearing. The attenuator consists of only discrete resistors in a ladder configuration that are switched in and out of circuit to produce a logarithmic attenuation of the output signal.
- Interchangeable Transformer Block
The standard 8-ohm transformer block can be interchanged with the optional 4-ohm version. This feature is unique to the 91E Integrated Amplifier. Single impedance transformers maintain lower winding capacitance normally vitiated with multiple tap transformers.
- LCD Display
A bright and easy to read color display shows the selected input, attenuator level, and VU meter. The display also shows settings which can be adjusted by the included remote control. The display is dimmable.
- Remote Control
The included infrared remote control allows for quick adjustment of amplifier settings such as input levels, balance, and display dimming.
- Six Audio Inputs
Up to six (6) source devices can be connected during amplifier operation.
Microprocessors automatically bias the 300B tube pair each time the amplifier is powered on. No manual adjustment is necessary.
- Bluetooth® Compatibility
Bluetooth® compatible audio input is also available for your listening convenience.
- Software Updates via Ethernet Connection